Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Watching Sharks

I'm not a 'napper' by nature, but this pregnancy is kicking my butt. I haven't been feeling too sick, just really, really tired and afternoon naps are a necessity. I just had a rude awaking (literally) from a certain 4-year-old who NEEDED my blanket and pillow. He cried so loudly that I couldn't possibly sleep anymore. Guess who is settled on the couch now with the same blanket and pillow? For some reason he didn't like the thought of me doing the same thing back to him...


We are moving a week from Friday and this house is ready to set sail into Lake Superior. The 'For Sale' sign is officially up although we did tell our realtor to make any potential viewings for after we already moved out. I'm already wondering how we're going to be ready to move by next Friday without worrying about tidying up for any showings in the meantime. On the other hand, I'm crossing my fingers that it sells quickly! This is such a nice block we live on, our neighbors have been perfect-friendly yet keeping to themselves-I hope someone decent buys our house.

Kate watched the boys yesterday so Jeff and I could get work on some projects. Jeff was able to fix the roof over the mudroom--which ended up being way cheaper than we had thought, why did it wait so long?? And I painted the deck railing. Such a monotonous job and it's not even finished. I had wanted to finish up today but it's raining and of course, it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. Oh well, there is painting to do inside! Today I've been working on the front door that I primed a few weeks ago and some miscellaneous details around the dining room. We are hoping to get the stairs prettied up a bit as well. (See pictures.)


I'm craving candy corn of all blasted things.

These pictures are pre-KD, shortly after our trip to the camp. Shark Week had been on and Adrian created his own cage to view the sharks. I was playing around with my (very old) camera settings trying to get a clearish shot with no flash in poor fluorescent lighting so I don't have a picture of him all the way inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment